This is an opportunity for an experienced Finance Business Partner to oversee financial management and drive performance for the Company’s Strategic Project Agenda as well as working collaboratively with the wider Finance Team to achieve the financial and strategic goals of the business.
This is an 18 month contract located in Melbourne CBD.
You will work closely with and provide direct financial support to the Company’s Chief Transformation Officer (CTO), to Project Sponsors and to the Head of Business Performance (Finance) to achieve the Company’s strategic goals and objectives. Your meaningful insight and drive will play a significant role in maximising the performance of the Company’s portfolio of strategic initiatives and of the Company’s broader strategy.
in this role your key responsibilities will include:
- Being a trusted advisor to the CTO and the Sponsors through provision of financial support around Project Portfolio performance
- Providing meaningful insight, quality analysis and performance drive to maximise the performance across the Project Portfolio including promoting a controlled cost-conscious and benefits realisation culture including proactively bringing to attention areas of potentially adverse impact and sponsorship of performance improvement initiatives
- Developing meaningful reporting capabilities for the Company across the Project Portfolio including project level specific benefits identification together with robust benefits tracking including:
- Coordinating, preparing and monitoring of internal capital and operational project budgets in accordance with the Company’s strategic agenda
- Providing financial support for strategic analysis including options analysis and business case preparation
- Reporting periodically across the portfolio on agreed Financial KPI’s
- Driving strong communication to ensure the Chief Financial Officer is aware of trends across the Project Portfolio
- Working with the CTO and the Sponsors, provide valuable insight and consistent application of sound Financial disciplines in the development of Project Portfolio Business Cases
- Overseeing and coordinating the annual budgeting process for the Project Portfolio including forecasting, planning, KPI setting and capex
- Providing input into, recommending options and assessing implications and impacts of organisational strategic change
To be successful
You will be a highly experienced Finance Business Partner who is able to display a terrific work ethic and a self-starter mindset.
Your CA / CPA qualification, significant experiences in financial business partnering, strong commercial business acumen and your track record in partnering with stakeholders will ensure your ongoing success in this position.
You will have excellent interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines coupled with a proven ability in presenting and providing recommendations on accounting and finance concepts.
In addition ideally you will also have demonstrated experience in project accounting and project management disciplines.
Slater and Gordon is a leading Australian Personal Injury law firm. Our people are passionate advocates for clients, providing a personal and caring service. For their part, our clients value an expert, tailored service from people they can depend on.
We pride ourselves on offering accessible, world class legal services to people from all backgrounds and socio-economic circumstances. We work hard to simplify the legal process for them and provide support and guidance along the way.
At Slater and Gordon you’re exposed to varied and interesting work and the constant opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of everyday people.
Slater and Gordon employees enjoy a genuine opportunity for professional development in an environment that values and recognises high performance.
If you are motivated, hardworking and enjoy a fast paced workplace, then consider a career with us.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply directly to Slater and Gordon. We prefer to liaise with you personally and are not accepting applications from recruitment agencies.